A little bit more about Hemsley House Day Nursery
Babies and toddlers are cared for at our Terrace Road setting where we provide specialised care for children aged between 3 months and 2 years. Rated Outstanding by OFSTED in 2014, children are free to learn and explore without the hustle and bustle of older children.
Staff work closely with parents to promote the children’s independence and love of learning, ensuring that the children have emotional security and comfort whilst in our care.
- Home away from home environment in a large Victorian house
- A large outdoor garden for daily adventures
- Motivated and enthusiastic staff with advanced qualifications and first aid training
- Online learning journals to encourage parent engagement by sharing observations daily
- A sensory room used to help babies engage their senses and interact with the world around
- Free Early Years Education Entitlement (15 and 30 hours) for 3-4-year-olds and 2-year-olds subject to eligibility criteria
We split our children into babies and toddlers.
In our cosy baby rooms, children take part in many multi-sensory experiences: in our sensory room; large garden, which incorporates a digging patch; and through our homemade arts and crafts.
Our tranquil cot room allows babies to have a lie down when needed. In the dining room, our nurturing staff help the children learn to feed themselves, gradually gaining their independence as they grow.
We endeavor to follow your baby’s routine to match the one at home until they are ready to be gradually introduced to the routine that is followed at our Main Unit.
Here the children have access to an environment, encouraging them to choose which room and activities to engage with, nurturing their growing independence.
Our excellent nursery staff support the children’s language development, encouraging plenty of imitation and conversation.
Social development skills and peer relationships are bolstered through group activities, large scale floor based games and during meal times.
Our staff will complete a two-year progress check on each child which helps identify any developmental needs and ensures that the children are learning in a balanced way.
Hemsley House Day Nursery, in Maidstone,
is open between the hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm,
51 weeks of the year.
We are closed on bank holidays
and for a week between Christmas and New Year.
- Full Day Session: 7.30am – 6.30pm
- Morning Session: 7.30am – 1.00pm
- Afternoon Session: 1.00pm – 6.30pm