Welcome to Hemsley House Day Nursery in Maidstone, where we aim to ensure the happiness, well-being and all-round development of your child. As the first independent day care nursery in Maidstone, we offer a home-away-from-home environment where children are encouraged to play and explore the world around them.
Our experienced and dedicated staff are committed to making learning fun and supporting the growth of your child, giving them the confidence and skills they need ready for when they start school.
Every child is given a series of bespoke settling in sessions, offering you and your child a happy and smooth transition into our nursery.
We would love to show you around our nursery. Please feel free to contact us and arrange to pop in for a visit.
Nursery Manager and Director
A little bit about us
Our mission is to deliver the highest standards of childcare and early years education, while always striving for continuous improvement. We believe a child’s early years are the most critical for developing the foundations of learning, behaviour and emotional well-being, which all influence later outcomes in school, work and society. Accordingly, we offer:
- Home away from home environment in two large Victorian houses
- Nutritious homemade meals made fresh on-site everyday
- Two large outdoor gardens for daily adventures
- Motivated and enthusiastic staff with advanced qualifications and first aid training
- Fun with computers, maths and writing to prepare children for school
- Online learning journals to encourage parent engagement by sharing observations daily
- Free Early Years Education Entitlement (15 and 30 hours) for 3-4-year-olds
- Free Early Years Education Entitlement for 2-year-olds subject to eligibility criteria
What matters most to us
Put the child first
If a child is in a happy, loving environment and getting consistently attentive care, then everything else will fall into place
We pay careful attention to the needs and interests of each child, encouraging all children to reach their full potential
We insist on relentlessly high standards across all aspects of childcare, striving for continuous improvement
We choose to only surround ourselves with professionals that have a deep-rooted passion for educating children