A little bit more about Hemsley House Day Nursery & Pre-school
Our setting at Tonbridge Road is dedicated to our older, more confident toddlers and pre-schoolers.
- Nutritious homemade meals made fresh on-site everyday
- Large outdoor gardens for daily adventures
- Motivated and enthusiastic staff with advanced qualifications and first aid training
- Fun with computers maths and writing to prepare children for school
- Online learning journals to encourage parent engagement by sharing observations daily
- Free Early Years Education Entitlement (15 and 30 hours) for 3-4-year-olds and 2-year-olds subject to eligibility criteria
We split our children into toddlers and early years.
The Toddler Room at Tonbridge Road cares for children from 30 months, however they only begin the transition from our nursery at Terrace Road when both the staff and parents feel the child is ready.
Here staff plan exciting days which include a combination of free-flow activity and adult-led learning experiences that challenge the children. They join the pre-schoolers in enjoying the extensive outdoor area equipped with a bug hotel, mud kitchen, slide and reading nook.
From the age of 3 and gradually begin their preparation for school facilitated by our Rising Stars programme. Children are encouraged to explore technology, and are introduced to letters and numbers.
We encourage children’s independence and have free-flow access between a playroom, a canopied patio, art room and computer suite and all weather playground.
When the time does come for the children to continue their education journey in primary school, we are here to provide as much support as needed and liaise with local schools to ensure a smooth transition for all.
Hemsley House Day Nursery, in Maidstone,
is open between the hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm,
51 weeks of the year.
We are closed on bank holidays
and for a week between Christmas and New Year.
- Full Day Session: 7.30am – 6.30pm
- Morning Session: 7.30am – 1.00pm
- Afternoon Session: 1.00pm – 6.30pm